Guidelines for Promoting Your Grant
Congratulations on your grant from the Community Foundation of the Northern Shenandoah Valley. The following guidelines are intended to assist you in the promotion of your grant. Please forward this information to the appropriate person in your organization.
You should acknowledge your grant in as many ways as possible.
1. Include news of your grant in any publications you produce for distribution. This includes press releases, newsletters, brochures, annual reports, board minutes, lists of supporters, Facebook, Twitter, blogs, direct mail, etc.
2. Contact the local media, newspapers, special interest publications, and local TV/radio stations with a press release.
3. Use the Community Foundation’s logo in publications, program booklets, and signage at any events funded by the grant. Please call us direct to make sure you are provided with the one that will best suit your needs. Use our logo in all publications where the grant is publicized.
4. Acknowledging your grant. Use the following language to acknowledge your grant from the Community Foundation of the Northern Shenandoah Valley:
This grant was made possible by the (name of fund listed in your grant letter) of the Community Foundation of the Northern Shenandoah Valley.
This project was funded (or funded in part) by a grant from the (name of fund listed in your grant letter) of the Community Foundation of the Northern Shenandoah Valley.
5. Foundation description. If you need a description of the Foundation, use the following: The Community Foundation of the Northern Shenandoah Valley is a public charity providing grants to nonprofits and scholarships to individuals in the City of Winchester and the Counties of Frederick, Clarke and Warren, so they may continue to carry out their mission. Since 2001, we have been connecting people who care to causes that matter to them.
6. All materials that use the Community Foundation’s name and logo, including press releases, should be approved by the Community Foundation prior to publication and distribution. This allows the Foundation to help provide additional information and, when appropriate, help in the distribution of your news.
7. Please provide the Community Foundation with any high resolution pictures of your event or program. The Community Foundation will promote your program as part of an effort to inform donors about their contributions. Pictures of your event and stories about the impact of your program are the best way for people to learn about what you do.