The Community Foundation of the Northern Shenandoah Valley is a 501(c)3 nonprofit. When you establish a fund with CFNSV, you are making an investment in your community. Our fees help us to collectively support programs that enrich our community.
OUR FEE STRUCTURE:
CFNSV charges a 1% annual administrative fee, calculated monthly. Funds that exceed $1 million pay lower fees. Please contact us for more information.
OUR FEES COVER:
- Operations & administrative costs
- Investment oversight
- Grantmaking services
- Management of more than 100 charitable funds
- Support to nonprofits in the region
- Financial management
- Processing grants and contributions
- Compliance with IRS regulations
- Annual filing to public agencies
Investment management fees are assessed monthly by the investment manager. Investment fees are based on a sliding scale determined by the overall value of our investment portfolio. The larger CFNSV grows, the smaller the fee every fund pays. Current investment fees are approximately 52 basis points (.52%).